Good grooming is an integral part of a good outfit. Taking care of yourself through exercise and grooming not only makes you look good but also makes you feel good. The basics are simple. Shower twice a day, haircut once a week, take care of your teeth, trim your beard etc.
Good grooming also requires quality products. Here are some of my go-to items in men’s grooming:
- Patrick’s Products M2 – There are a number of reasons why I like this product. The name, for one, is a good one. The product itself is amazing and doesn’t harden in my hair and make it stiff. It washes out easily and has an amazing smell (bergamont and sandalwood) that actually complements the sandalwood in my cologne. It also has great packaging which is a plus in the medicine cabinet.
- Le Labo Santal 33 cologne - My rule for cologne is subtlety. And the key to that is less is more - with a great scent like this one that works for both men and women as well as day and night. The fragrance notes are Australian sandalwood, papyrus and cedarwood for a warm scent.
- Lab Series age rescue face lotion – Lightweight and not too oily, and the ginseng helps to invigorate the skin. I use it in the morning and at night.
- Daniel Patrick toiletry bag – This bag is perfect for going to the gym, on a weekend get-away, a business trip or game day at the Staples Center. It's also perfect for holding all your grooming essentials. I like the supple Italian leather and Italian-made quality as well as the dual compartments, so not everything gets mixed together.
- Badger man care beard oil – I wear a lot of black, and there is nothing worse than a flaky beard to ruin your confidence. Since using this product, my beard feels moisturized and even looks more groomed with a subtle wet look to it.
- Wahl beard trimmer – Basic, simple and rechargeable. Perfect to keep the beard trimmed and sharp. One tip is to not have your beard look perfect but give it a more natural look and shape to it yet still groomed.